This is a run down of arrangements for the day, including set up and get out info. This is a catch all list for everyone from bands to canoeists, so don’t worry if some of it does not apply to you.
ARRIVING AT RIVERFEST
- Arrival/set up is from 7am until 10am.
- If you’re coming in a vehicle, please use the car park behind the Bitterne Park Social Club as your drop off point. MAP HERE
- There will be Stewards there to help you unload/carry. No one’s pitch is very far from this area so we don’t anticipate that unloading will take you long.
- Please drive very carefully and follow the stewards’ instructions.
- As soon as you have unloaded, you will need to move your car out of this area. NO ON CAN LEAVE A VEHICLE IN THIS CAR PARK DURING THE DAY unless you have a pass from us. Blue Badge holders are an exception and can park without a pass. Email here to ask us about a car park pass.
- Some local parking info here – click on image to enlarge
- We have a rough layout for the site, but are not designating specific pitches, except for exhibitors with special requirements.
- Please work with Stewards to locate yourself alongside others in a way that makes the site fun, interesting and most of all SAFE for visitors.
- There is a designated quieter area. Please ask a Set up Steward if you are interested in being located there. Please understand it may not be possible if others are already set up there.
- Please aim to be ‘public ready’ by 10am
DURING THE DAY
- There will be amplified music on the stage in the main area all day but we don’t anticipate it booming.
- There will be ‘street theatre’ performances at various points in the day in locations across the site.
- There are posters around with details of the schedule for the day – or ask a steward.
- You are responsible for your own rubbish – please come prepared to take it away with you. Ask a Steward if you are short of bin bags.
- You are responsible for your own first aid needs.
- You could be asked for a copy of your Risk Assessment so please make sure you have that with you, even if you have previously sent one to us.
- Here is a basic risk assessment grid you may find useful.
- Any electrical equipment you plug in on site needs to have been PAT tested.
- There is a bar & tea/coffee/soft drinks on site. If you don’t bring a picnic there are loads of food options adjacent to our site in Bitterne Park Triangle and St Denys. See the page on the website for details.
- There are portaloos on site, loos in the Bitterne Park Social Club and a wheelchair accessible loo at Bitterne Triangle.
- We have worked with Southampton Alzheimers Society to try and make Riverfest dementia friendly. If you meet someone who is lost or confused, please speak to any Steward who will be able to help.
- Please take a moment to note the location of fire equipment – just in case.
- Once the afternoon crowds die down – around 4pm/5pm – we imagine many exhibitors will want to pack up. That’s fine.
- The festival is open to the public until 9pm so please be mindful to pack up safely and leave your pitch tidy once you leave.
- Pick up is in the same car park as drop off. Please be patient and work with the stewards so we can get you out safely.
- Do a final litter check of your area before you go, please.
- TAKE YOUR RUBBISH HOME. Riverfest is responsible for the public bins during the day, so putting your rubbish in there doesn’t help!
- You are all invited to the FREE after party on the evening of 27 May upstairs in the Bitterne Park Social Club. Boogie down from 8 – 11.30pm!
- Important – You MUST pre-book your free tickets to the party here.
Here’s to a great day. We can’t thank you enough for your enthusiastic participation in the first ever Riverfest. We have tentatively started thinking about next year and would appreciate any feedback you want to give us after 27 May.